2012年2月13日月曜日

Kids Explanation Why Is The Ocean Blue

kids explanation why is the ocean blue

My Life... Interesting?: Updated story post

"Yeah no problem Conner. You're a really cool guy to talk to. Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Bye!" I responded, before getting my sprint on and booking it towards Pond View Court.



As I stepped into the house, my boots full of slush from the melting snow, I remembered that I still owed my Dad a phone call. So, I headed to the receiver, picked up the phone, and started to dial his number. Half way through typing in the digits, I realized that I had no idea about what I was going to say to him. 


After minutes of holding the phone in my hands, gripping it hopelessly, the high-pitched ringing started echoing throughout the house. I checked the screen. The words haunted my memory. "Call from: Jim Parker." was the sentence that came from the artificial voice, from the speakers of the phone.


I slowly directed my finger towards the green button on the device, and slammed it down, then jerked the phone to my ear.


I waited a few seconds, for him to say something, and then came to the final conclusion that I was going to have to be the one to start the conversation. "Yes?" I said, smarting off to him already.


"Em'?" I hated to admit it, but his voice calmed me down. The old stress for my test on Monday flooded out of my body, and the stress of what I was going to say to him came in to replace it.


"What?" I replied, hoping that his lecture would save me time to not have to word every feeling that i felt at the moment together... in other words, I was too lazy to talk for minutes on end, just about my life and apologizing to him for fighting with him the last time that we had talked.


"Em', I'm sorry for frustrating you last weekend honey, I just- Uh.. I just lo- I just l-love Alice so much. She makes me happy Emily. I want to marry her more than anything in the world. Without her, I'm lost. I know that you don't want to hear this, and you just want me to leave you and your mother alone, but I just need you to know, that even though I've told you this before, I didn't leave you guys to marry her. I left your mother and you because I couldn't stand living with her when I didn't love her. I know it sounds bad and things, but I just... I don't know why I left you guys Emily. I realized, the day after i left you guys, that I did love you, more than anything. I just didn't know what to do. I was too young to be taking care of a family on my own. Em', we were young. I didn't know what to do."



I sniffled a little bit and then wiped a single tear from my eye, remembering hearing my parents fight for the last time when they were still together... when they still loved each other unconditionally.


I was only four. I had been cuddling with my favorite teddy bear, pulling on a string that came out of his head. It was a week before my first day of school and I was very tired. I was sound asleep, until I awoke at 2:02. This was late. My parents used to stay up until around 12:00, because they told me that they wanted to make sure that teddy and I were comfortable, and warm, and safe. They used to stay up that late, just to make sure that I was okay. I now know that it was only because they loved to stay up late to cuddle, and watch T.V together until they got tired. I knew that they stayed up late... but not THIS late. They had to have been fighting for at least 6 hours, because they weren't fighting when I fell asleep, at around 8:00, so I knew that something was really wrong. I asked Teddy if I should get up and go check on them to make sure that nothing too bad was happening, but I imagined him telling me "No. They should be better by morning", and I always trusted Teddy's opinion


I fell back asleep for about an hour, and awoke at around 3:30. This time, I didn't hear yelling, I head crashing and booming. I ran out of my room, bringing Teddy with me, and stomping my tiny legs on the ground. I walked into the hallway, and peeked around the corner into the kitchen. All i remember seeing was my dad throwing glasses and dishes onto the floor from the cupboard above the oven, and my Mom crying at the kitchen table. I had to stop my Dad from doing it, so I ran inside, seemingly losing half of the water in my body from crying so hard, and threw my arms around my Mother, who's tears now were dripping all over my favorite, bunny, footy-pajamas. She hugged me tighter than I'd ever been hugged before.


The thrashing of the glasses abruptly stopped, which meant that my Dad had noticed that I had woken up and come into the kitchen. I turned my face away from my Mother's shoulder and looked into his eyes, trying to be strong, but failing.


He waited a moment, looking back into my eyes, and then flashed out of the room. My mom just held me closer, and rocked me back and forth, as we heard clothes flying out of the closet, onto the bed and floor in my parents' room. It worried me.


"W-what's he doing Mommy?" I shook the words out of my small body. I had never seen my Mom with more horror in her eyes.



"Daddy is leaving for a while baby." she said, and then tried to give me more of an explanation why, but she couldn't do it. So, I hugged her as tight as I could, and let her cry into me. I looked straight ahead from behind her back, and saw my Dad, packing clothes into his suitcase. He packed some cigarettes, some clothes, and his bare essentials. Minutes later, I heard the door slam, and a car starting and driving out, away... far away. Never coming back, even almost 10 years later.





I didn't respond to my father's voice on the receiver for a few moments, and then finally spoke, but "Okay." was all that came out.


He didn't respond. He probably was thinking about what he should say next.


"Well, I guess I'll call you again soon Emily. Bye." he finally said. Not a good way to end the conversation.


"Bye." I said... but I was only saying it to the house now. He had hung up already, probably thinking that I didn't care anyway and that he should just shut up and leave. If he thought that, then he was right. I was tired of his excuses of leaving. My Mom was the one that knew the real reason, and his reasons just sounded pathetic compared to the real reasons that my Mom had explained to me.


I let two more tears escape my eyes, and then clicked the "End" button on the phone. I stuck it back on the receiver and then went to my room.


I laid on my bed, and opened my laptop. I logged onto Facebook and then saw 10 notifications. I clicked on the red icon and read down the links. They all were people liking my status about not wanting to go to school except for one.  The last one on the list said "Conner Davis wants to be your friend on Facebook." and then it gave me two options. Accept or Decline, were the two buttons that I could click. I chose Accept in a heartbeat and then minutes later, got a post on my wall from Connor.


"Hey! Glad you accepted. We still on for the stadium tomorrow?" it read.


I was about to comment: "Defs'!" which was how me and Brittany said definitely, but then stopped for a minute to think. It was supposed to blizzard out tomorrow... I didn't really want to be outside considering that I already had a major cold, so I considered some other options for a minute. Then, the perfect idea came to mind, and I set my fingers to action on the keyboard to reply to Connor's post. 



"Actually, I was thinking that maybe we could meet the movies tonight. I heard that there are some pretty awesome movies out, and I haven't been out to the movies in a really long time. So, if your not busy tonight, and want to spend your Friday night with a loser, we should meet up at the movies!;)" I commented.


Half a minute later, I got another notification, from Connor again.


"Sounds AWESOME! I heard that Flesh Attack was supposed to be really good and I'm all for a horror movie. Is that okay with you?" the comment said.


I almost had a heart attack when i read the words "horror movie". I HATED horror movies. They scare the heck out of me. I fainted in Saw 2 with my Mom because I got so scared and grossed out. That was the last movie that I had seen at the movie theater, and that was why I hadn't been to the movies in so long.


I decided that I was going to be cool and replied with "Oh yeah! Flesh Attack sounds amazing. I love horror movies." and then later got a reply that said "Awesome! Does 7:30 work for you?"


"Yeah sure! 7:30 sounds awesome. See you there!" I replied quickly, after seeing that it was 6:03.


I logged off of Facebook and ran into the bathroom. I took a quick shower, and did my hair and makeup and dressed in the cleanest and cutest clothes that I had. Then, i saw that it was about 7:15.


I called up my grandma and she came and took me on my "date" as she called it. I kept telling her that it was just meeting up with a friend that was boy, but she kept denying it and told me that she had my Mom covered. She would stay by our house until my Mom got home, and then tell her that I was at the movies with Brittany.


When we arrived, I took a $20.00 bill from my grandma, hugged her goodbye, and took her good luck on my "date". I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore all of the stares from people after she screamed "KISS HIM!" out the car window, and drove away.


I slipped a little bit on some black ice by the door to the theater, and cursed right as a young child with their mom walked inside, and took the dirty looks that came to me.


Then, i paid for my ticket and nervously walked into the lobby to find Connor.


After looking around for a bit, I felt someones hand on my shoulder, and turned around to face Connor.


"Hey!" he practically screamed in my ear, and then smiled.


"Hi!" I screamed back, and he flinched from how much my yelling beat his. I've had practice from my conversations with my Dad on the phone.



"Shall we go?" he asked me, and then took my nervous look as an invitation to take my hand, and led me to the theater.


We sat down in the back seats. The theater was practically empty, except for some Triple daters in the front of the theater. 


"Full house tonight bitches." i joked, sticking on my 3D glasses and making the "I love you/Rock on" sign with my hands. Connor laughed and then handed me the bucket of popcorn. I dug my hand in and then caught sight of Connor again. I slowly, pulled me hand farther up from how deep into the bucket of popcorn I was, and gently placed two pieces into my mouth, remembering that I can't be a pig with food around guys.


After about half of the movie was over, we got to the REALLY scary parts. The zombies were attacking animals and homeless people. I jumped when the deer that a zombie had eaten away, came back to life and killed some people. Connor put his arm around me and pulled me into his chest. It was warm and comfortable. I never had felt so safe.


I looked up at him and said "Thanks." and he smiled and said, "now you can't jump anymore, spaz." and then winked.


I laughed and then pretended to watch the movie, but I actually was closing my eyes for the rest of it.

After what felt like minutes, there was a "RAWR" sound that came from the surround sounds and then the room flashed black. The movie was over. I didn't want it to be. Connor was too comfortable, and I felt too safe to move from that spot, ever again.


It was too late, he had stood up, grabbed my hands to help me up, and I pretended that my eyes were open the entire time. We walked out together, with me scooting closer to him every step that we took, and eventually just falling into his arms and walking, my head to his chest, together until we reached the parking lot. 





These are our most popular posts: kids explanation why is the ocean blue

Updated story post

They were a bright, ocean, blue color. ... But it wasnt the footsteps of the kids getting in the cars to go home. .... Green with a blue chrome to them. .... she said, and then tried to give me more of an explanation why, but she couldnt do it. read more

the tap: Why Your Kids Always Beat You At Dice

E.g. You have a 95% chance of getting cancer if you dont take this little blue pill. It clouds our .... See the video at the end for the explanation... Who Owns ... Scientist Creates Life From Simply Oceanic Sand An... SOPA Was A ... read more

Andreas adventures:

The kids loved it though and it had everything to with the ocean so it was really cool. This was the Swordfishs cheer. The first week we had one of the kids lead it for us, he was a really awesome kid. And the second week the ... read more

Cheap Heart of The Ocean Blue CZ Heart Necklace Length For Sale

The pendant is placed on a cz by the yard chain which can be either 16 or 18 inches and can be completed with our Heart of the Ocean S… Detail: amazon.com Cheap Heart of The Ocean Blue CZ Heart Necklace Length For Sale. Source: YouTube. Tags: Ocean Posted in Ocean Microsoft Point Generator ... with the company and their explanation was no better than reading the Terms of Service as to why your video account was suspended. They told you not to ... read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿